I woke up Friday morning thinking what a glorious 3 days I had ahead of me. Tarzan was going fishing and I had 3 days to myself to get caught up--NOT.

All of the details are not important, but just say, I was busy doing things for other people 80% of the time, the other 20% was for sleep and my stuff, LOL.

The important part is what happened to Tarzan on his fishing trip. On Saturday, I lost contact with him and I decided he had wandered out of phone range. Saturday night about sundown I got a sick feeling in my stomach that he was in trouble. I tried to call him several times, but could not get him on the phone. I did that thing I always do when I have no control over a situation. I said a prayer, and made myself think about other things. Even though I was not actively worrying about him, I didn't fall asleep until 3:00 a.m.

Sunday, I went to church and called Tarzan after Welfare Meeting. No answer. I called him after Sacrament Meeting. No answer. He should be coming home by now. I called him after Sunday School. No answer. I got up in the middle of Relief Society and called the house. He was home. We were supposed to go to a wedding after Church--

but...

When I got him on the phone I could tell by his voice there was something wrong...

Here is what happened on Saturday night just about sundown. He and his friend had gone to an area with a boat dock and fire pits so they could fish and cook and have a safe place to spend the night. Tarzan was walking down some stairs to the dock. The bottom step had a loose board. When he stepped on it, it gave way and he began to fall toward a big metal pole. He saw the pole and turned his head, but he hit it full force. He heard his neck crack and thought he had broken it. He blacked out for a few seconds and then his friend called out to him--"Are you okay." He answered, "no, I don't think I am." His "friend" didn't even put his fishing pole down.

Right then, three young people, two boys and one girl came over to see if he was alright. They made him lie still while they checked his vitals and asked questions to see if he was okay. When they determined he was alright, they said a final,
"are you okay then?" He answered
in his best weak voice, indicating the cute girl with them, "I think I need her to give me mouth-to-mouth." They all had a good laugh and he got up and settled in for the night. Tarzan is a nut!

I called Brother Carden to come over and give him a blessing. Tarzan really likes him and readily accepted the blessing.
We were both worried about a blood clot. In the blessing Brother Carden counseled him to go to the doctor. He has an appointment on Friday, so he is waiting until then. I made him promise to watch for any signs of trouble today as he skipped off to work.

Right now, he has a bruise the size of Texas (Come to think of it, the bruise is kind of shaped like Texas). It covers his right breast and shoulder and is under his arm as well where he hit the pole. The only reason his eye didn't swell up and bruise is that he turned his head. He has a doozy of a headache.

The final result of all this is that tomorrow we go out and buy new chargers for both of our phones to use in the car.


I sure Love Tarzan.

Maybe I should rename my blog "Life with Tarzan."

5 comments

I hope he is alright, the fact that he is still alive is a miracle for sure.

How scary. He's tough; I'm sure he'll be totally fine by Friday when he actually gets to the doc

hmm. I can see this one of two ways... either you think I'm a crazy person for saying that I think he was ok, OR, we could focus on the fact that despite his unfortunate incident, is IS indeed alright. I love tarzan too.

Man, these kind of stories give me the chills...but I am sure the doctor will clear him of any worries. But, better safe than sorry!